All meetings are videotaped and made available on this site for a nominal membership fee or one-time per video purchase. The most recent video is always available at no charge.
For a list of our previous speakers, see below.
February 16th, 2012; 1-4 PM
Our February meeting is about our caregivers. So, please bring along you spouse, partner, friend, children, etc. We hope to accomplish two goals:
- Thank our caregivers.
- Give our caregivers a place to ask questions and see that we all experience fatigue, brain fog, pain, etc.
We will have a panel of caregivers which will include Jamie Liptan (Dr. Liptan’s husband), Bob Staples (Tamara’s husband) and possibly a third person.
Please bring your questions and have your caregiver’s bring their questions.
Tami Stackelhouse will also do a short demonstration of “The Spoon Theory,” which should help those in attendance better understand what it is like to live with chronic illness, fatigue and pain.
(All meetings are videotaped and made available on this site for a nominal membership fee or one-time per video purchase. The most recent video is always available at no charge.)
- Dr. Kim Kaplan, Pain Medicine at OHSU
- Dr. Werner Vosloo, Naturopath and Medical Director or Portland Fibro and Fatigue Center and Restorative Health Clinic
- Jodi Johnson, Occupational Therapist with Progressive Rehabilitation Associates (Read: Managing Your Energy)
- Dr. Scott Fromherz, Westside Sleep Center
- Tami Stackelhouse, Fibromyalgia Health Coach
- Dr. Wendy Rogers, Naturopath at True Health Medicine (Read: Underlying Causes of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
- Steve Frison, Medical Hypnotherapist
- Dr. Ginevra Liptan, Founder and Medical Director of The Frida Center (author of “Figuring Out Fibromyalgia” and a fibromite herself) Read: Fascia and Its Role in Fibromyalgia Pain; Book Review by Tami Stackelhouse; Book Review by Tamara Staples
- Barbara Dieringer, CMT and Pilates Instructor
- Andrea Crisp, Portland Laughter Yoga
- Cheryl Coon, disability attorney at Swanson, Thomas and Coon
- Cheryl Hryciw, nurse practitioner and fibromyalgia specialist from The Frida Center
- Jennifer Hofmann, promoter of self-care and self-kindness (and organization!), Inspired Home Office
- Holiday “Potluck” Party
- How To Help Your Medical Expenses Pay You Back with Samantha Pahlow, CPA
- Dr. Liptan, from The Frida Center, Answering Your Questions About Pain Management (Read: Dr. Liptan on Fibromyalgia Pain Management and Answers to Seven Tough Questions on Fibromyalgia Pain)
- Gluten-Free/Allergen-Free Roundtable
- How to “Ask for What You Need” and “Be Heard” with an Invisible Illness featuring counselor David Anderson, Provisions
- May “Retreat” for the Soul – Self Care
- Dr. Wendy Rogers Speaks on Adrenal Health and Sleep
- Practical Tips for Managing Your Energy with Health Coach, Tami Stackelhouse
- An Introduction to Naturopathy and NCNM
- Spencer Leek on Fascia and Myofascial Release Techniques
- Brain Training to Lift the Fog and Help Memory and Focus, Sandy Schwartzkopf
- The Benefits of Massage, Lymphatic Drainage and Acupuncture in FMS and ME/CFS with Dr. In Yu and Fran Rodriguez from Total Health Wellness Center
- Holiday Potluck Party
- Understanding the Family Leave Act and Your Rights at Work with Cindy Hooker, Gold Dog Consulting